If you have carpet in your home, you know how quickly it can fall victim to stains and dirt. This is especially true if you have kids or pets!
It doesn't matter how careful you are to avoid carpet stains, with the way we move around from day to day, it's bound to happen that you will get undesirable spots on the carpet or stains on the upholstery you love!
Stains, don't have to be to bad and most times, if you catch them in time, you can get rid of them. But, have you ever thought about smells? Have you ever stopped to think about your carpet smell or the smell of your upholstered furniture? Perhaps you're not aware of them because you are around them so often!
Upholstery and carpet, just like clothes, can begin to harbor a scent after a while. It's just a normal part of living with a family!
Don't worry thought! Smelly carpet can only lead to a smelly house if you don't do anything about it! Miraculous Carpet Cleaning Services are here to help you find the best way to keep your carpets smelling fresh! Just check out the ideas below!
The How To Home Remedy for Freshening Carpets:
Here are some easy ways that you can breathe new life into your flooring and the air inside your home. These are easy to do and won't take the whole day or break the bank!
Try a mix of baking soda and essential oil! (We love lavender!).
(Note: Do not use toxic oils, such as tea tree oil, as it can be toxic to children and pets)
Step 1: Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 17 drops of essential oil.
Step 2: Pour this into a container that is similar to a Parmesan cheese container or spice container.
Step 3: Sprinkle this very lightly over the carpet.
Step 4: Let it sit momentarily (about 10 minutes), then vacuum it up! That's it!
Do-it-Yourself Carpet Freshener
1. Get a spray bottle and pour white vinegar into it.
2. Spray the vinegar onto the carpet.
3. Let it dry.
How to Keep Your House Fresh Smelling!
Check out these great fresh smelling home tips!
1. Use an essential oil diffuser! - Oils are a great way to eliminate odors in a home! All you need is 4 to 5 drops of oil and mix it with water and spray it if you do not have a diffuser. You can spray it on your pillows/linens and more! Lemon, orange and citrus are great scents to help freshen a space.
2. Use a crockpot! - Fill your crockpot halfway with water. Fill it with your favorite essential oils or the peels of citrus fruits! Keep the crockpot on the lowest setting and leave the lid off so the aroma can penetrate the air in your home.
3. Don't ignore your garbage disposal - Use orange or lemon peels with baking soda to grind up in our garbage disposal. The acids from the peels will help to get rid of any goo that may be hanging out in there!
If your home carpet needs more than just the do-it-yourself carpet cleaning solution, don't hesitate to call Dan and the team at Miraculous Carpet Care! We are here to help you make the best decision for your home. From carpet shampoo, air duct cleaning, water extraction and more, our carpet cleaning services are here to help you stay fresh!